Advice On How To Minimize Alcohol Consumption In Sheffield Visit Alcohol Rehab Sheffield
You should use the following advice when you frequently consume over fourteen units of alcohol in a week.
It is the same as consuming ten small-sized glasses of wine with low alcoholic content or 6 pints of beer with regular alcoholic content when you consume 14 units.
- Have a plan - Decide how much you're going to drink before you start drinking.
- Plan your expenditure - When going out to drink, have a specific amount of money with you.
- Inform people around you - People around you will render help if they are aware that you wish to cut down on your alcohol use.
- Go at it day by day - As each day goes, minimize the amount of alcohol consumption a little bit.
- By using this method you can consider yourselves successful everyday.
- Make your drinks smaller - the size of the drink does not matter because you can still enjoy what you are having.
- Replace pints with bottled beer and the large glass of wine with a smaller one.
- Take lesser dosage of alcohol - Go for beers with less volume of alcohol over higher ones (ABV in %).
- The details on the alcohol content are usually on the bottle.
- Stay hydrated - It is best to switch between consuming alcoholic beverages and water or soft drinks, and you should also drink a glass of water prior to drinking alcohol.
- Take breaks - Every week, there should be days during which you stay alcohol free.
Contact us now on 0800 246 1509 for more assistance and guidance.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Benefits Of Cutting Down Drugs Visit Alcohol Rehab Sheffield
Instant benefits of reducing alcohol are
- Having a better feeling at daybreak
- Less fatigued
- Have healthier looking skin
- Feel much fitter
- Gaining excessive weight may be halted
The long-term benefits of cutting down on alcohol will include
Mood - Hangovers come with some level of anxiety and depression is highly connected to excessive consumption of alcohol. Cutting back can also help in that, if you used to drink when feeling down or anxious, you will no longer be worsening these feelings by drinking.
Sleep - Your sleep could be hampered by heavy drinking. Despite the ability of alcohol of helping people sleep quickly, it can also disturb your sleep patterns and prevent you from sleeping deeply. You will experience relaxation, especially in the morning, by reducing intake of alcohol.
Behavior - Drinking Can Affect Your Judgment and Behavior. When you consume alcohol you may become violent and unreasonable. Chronic alcoholics may experience the loss of memory in the future or while drinking.
Heart - Your heart could become enlarged if you drink heavily over an extended period. This condition could only be alleviated by giving up alcohol, but it is very dangerous and cannot be completely eradicated.
Immune system - your immune system can also be affected if you have been drinking regularly. Infectious diseases are another problem that high-risk alcohol consumers are more susceptible to.