Drug detox and withdrawal procedures are the essential primary stages in outlining a patient's drug treatment programme. In order to get someone is a stable state of mind, you have to introduce a period of no drug use because continued use of the substance often skews good judgement in addition to rationalizing continued use of the drug by the brain.
Users can clear their heads and consider their further treatment plans while detox process lasts. The idea is to get the individual to start to recognize the addiction and reduce and abolish drug use.
this timeframe in the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration's (SAMHSA) TIP 45 on drug detox is noted as a "window of opportunity" for a person with both medical and personal issues to think about further rehabilitation.
What Is Detox?
Detox, as defined by SAMHSA, involves sequences of intervention which are intended to cope with withdrawal signs and critical intoxication. Detox, which is a precursor for substance abuse treatment, can last a few days or for a longer period such as months depending on the severity of the addiction among other factors. Futures of Palm Beach can provide you with detoxification expert who can get you into a rehab plan that is specifically created for you as an individual and assist you in treating withdrawal side effects with success. It is strongly suggested that you opt for a long-term treatment plan because detox can't help with the emotional, mental, cognitive and social problems related to addiction.
Steps Of Drug Detox
The detoxification is based upon three steps, by the end, should ideally transition the individual into an inpatient or outpatient recovery plan.
- It is vital to diagnose and evaluate a patient's addiction correctly for the suitable treatment plan to be successful.
- In the assessment phase, it does not only determine the dependency level, it also assists in identifying any hidden medical or psychological problems or disorder which is co-occurring with drug dependency.
- Getting stabilized is the process in which the patient begins to withdraw from the substance that they have been using.
- The main purpose in this stage is to achieve a drug-free shape.
- In order to help with addiction process, medication can be prescribed during this phase, especially if the user has a history of heavy use.
- Real acceptance of addiction can start as soon as the patient has reached "a state of balance" and his/her thoughts become sound.
- This lets patients find their role in the procedure and start the recovery program.
- Helping Admission Into Substance Treatment
- It's stated that several people who complete detoxification don't look for additional treatment for drug abuse/addiction.
- There are different reasons for this phenomenon but the bottom line is that those who seek further treatment, whether in or outpatient have higher chances of recovery and lower chances of relapse.
- Addiction education and dedication to sobriety are two things that are stressed.
- Patients can follow through with a clinical drug treatment program in either outpatient or inpatient context once this phase is finished.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
It's not too late to look for treatment for an addiction. Contact Future's of Palm Beach immediately when addiction is ruling the life of somebody you know or your own life.
We have expert personnel committed to your well-being and a specialized dependency rehab centre. You can consult a licensed therapist who can greatly identify the different options given to you so you can move towards attaining a drug-free lifestyle.