Frequently Asked Questions About Addiction Rehab
Recognising addiction and focusing on going to a recovery program can overwhelm initial phases in the journey to recover. The unknown is scary and a lot of people worry about how going to rehab till affect the rest of their lives. We give answers to some of the questions you may have regarding the addiction treatment at a recovery facility.
Your journey to recovery will be easier the more you understand what will happen in treatment - including what happens when you enter a program, how long you'll be in treatment, and the costs associated with the program.
Defining An Addiction Treatment Facility
A rehab is a structured treatment programme with the goal of assisting people who are battling with dependency. Addicts could be assisted to achieve a lifestyle of joy, good health, and sobriety in the rehabs.
What Happens In Addiction Rehab?
In rehab, treatment is tailored to each individual. This for the most part includes some mix of detoxification (detox), gathering and individual substance manhandle treatment, backslide aversion instruction, and aftercare arranging before program finish keeping in mind the end goal to keep up long haul moderation.
- Detoxification Any successful recovery programme must start with detoxing the blood of drugs. While detoxing, the body physically eliminates the drug and it's effects. While the detox experience will shift enormously in light of the particular sort and recurrence of substance utilized, numerous substance withdrawal disorders can be repulsive, if not unsafe. The correct treatment in a medically supervised detoxification programme can ease the pain and risks linked with the process of detoxification.
- Substance Abuse Therapy After detox, rehab continues with behavioural therapy. Patients in rehab programs go to group and/or individual therapy to recognize and deal with the problems that are underlying causes of the drug use. The recovering addicts also learn to tell what leads them to take the drugs, how to avoid those risks in order not to revert to addiction.
- Aftercare Towards the end of the treatment programme and before leaving the inpatient facility, the recovering addict will work with the therapists on a workable follow-up schedule that will help keep them from relapsing. The monitoring plan will involve joining support groups, continuing treatment, drug-free living environment.
What Is The Length Of Time For Rehab?
There is no set duration that applies to every individual with regards to rehab. A lot of places have 30 day programs. Some people will need longer 60 or 90 day programs or even a long term admission of an inpatient treatment centre to help them maintain a steady path toward recovery. When deciding on the suitable duration of treatment, treatment experts will consider the history and seriousness of the dependency, particular substances taken, any co-occurring mental, medical, or behavioural issues, and the mental, emotional, physical, social, spiritual and cultural requirements of the person.
Researches showed that those individuals who spend three months or longer in therapeutic programs have better rates of long haul sobriety. With extended programs, there is enough time to train on sober living behaviours, and also the chance to concentrate on the core causes and actions building up to the addiction.
Does Rehabilitation Cure Dependency?
Addiction could be properly managed, even though it has no definite cure. No matter how long treatment is, addiction recovery is not completed at the end of the rehabilitation program. Substance abuse recovery is a process that goes on as long as the victim is alive. To manage a dependency requires being taught how to go through everyday life without using and calls for commitment and difficult work.
Addiction Recovery Versus Addiction Rehabilitation
Rehab teaches patients how to handle cravings and work through difficult times when the temptation to start using again is strong. How to handle the daily challenges of defeating drug addiction and the best way to relate with people and the situations that trigger or deepen the desire to use drugs in the first place are also taught in the rehabs.
Though, long-lasting recovery may call for continuous therapy in group and/or individual form in addition to attending support group or 12-step meetings. A few people find extra activities to be crucial in supporting their continuous recovery. Some of these activities are yoga, art, meditation or exercise.
There are different types of after treatment care, depending on the treatment programs, while some of them will sit down with the patient to design one before the completion of treatment, in the bid to ensure total healing. Aftercare is so important that many studies have shown that it can help prevent relapses.
What Happens If I Relapse?
Relapse must not be seen as a disappointment rather had better be viewed as a deterrent to overcome on one's deep rooted adventure to sobriety. It offers a chance to re-evaluate your path and get back into a programme that gives the assistance and support required to stay sober.
In some cases, the patients will only record success in their healing journey after they must have stayed in rehab for up to two different occasions. While you will be taught how to be sober for a longer period of time, the task of handling your addiction problem is all up to you.
How Much Will Rehabilitation Cost?
Rehab programs vary greatly in how much they cost. There are those who provide five-star treatment to their patients and end up charging more to cover the extra amenities, staff and so on.
An inpatient centre tends to ask more money than an outpatient treatment programme since it offers patients accommodation, meals, therapy, as well as activities. The programs offered by outpatient programs vary and can include highly structured intensive programs, weekly group and individual therapy sessions, and support groups.
The cost of rehab can be effected by the following factors
- What amenities are provided - Acupuncture, yoga, massage, animal-assisted therapy, private rooms, gourmet food, and other factors that enhance the healing process may be part of this.
- Length of program - The cost linked with treatment programmes is mainly decided by the duration of your stay. During the intake, a counsellor will explain the duration suggested for your best chance at long-lasting recovery.
- Area - Offices in sumptuous environment can cost more than customary treatment focuses. Travel to the centre can likewise be calculated into the cost, particularly if it is a long way from home.
- Sort of program - Inpatient projects will frequently cost more than outpatient programs since patients live at the facility which is staffed with restorative and treatment experts at all circumstances.
The Cost Of Rehab Vs The Cost Of Addiction
While rehab price may look prohibitive to some, the addiction itself has much more "costs." What makes addiction costly
- The substance's cost
- Loss of efficiency at work
- Legal fines and fees
- Medical bills for possible coexisting issues that are associated with the addiction
Addiction "costs" clients in different ways as well, extending from the crumbling of connections to general despondency and weakness.
Is Insurance Accepted?
Protection is frequently acknowledged at medication recovery programs. Though, whether insurance will be welcomed will differ according to the specific centre. You are advised to cross check your plan before you sign into any rehab program because yours may cover only a limited part of the programme you are getting into.
If your insurance program does not take care of the expense of recovery, you can talk about other instalment choices with the centre you pick. A sliding scale payment option/financing plan to make the cost more reasonable can be provided by the programme.
Treatment For Drug Addiction Locally Or Away?
Most people seem to favour rehab facilities away from their home environment. This is advantageous in certain instances as it removes the user from his/her home setting where he/she abused alcohol or drugs.
In such a decidedly separate setting, the individuals who attend rehabilitation can completely concentrate on their dependency problems, free of any external diversions/ temptations from the workplace or loved ones.
In the event that you pick outpatient treatment, you may wish to select an office nearer to home so you don't need to go far every day. When you have family responsibilities, a rehabilitation centre that's close can reduce stress as you find a balance between your home obligations and your recovery treatment.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Should I Choose Inpatient Or Outpatient Treatment?
Inpatient offices vary from outpatient offices in various courses from costs included and force of treatment to the general environment plus supportive structure all through the recuperation procedure.
Inpatient Addiction Rehabilitation
Inpatient offices are recovery centres that offer 24-hour care from staff faculty. Inpatient programs that are hospital based will have medical professionals present around the clock but most residential centres will only have a healthcare professional come in when one is needed. Both sorts of inpatient offices oblige patients to inhabit the facility.
Inpatient treatment is the most immersive type of treatment, permitting patients to completely concentrate on their compulsion and recuperation with 24-hour care. Most of the patients have a better chance of overcoming addiction because they are quarantined from the stress of their normal day to day activities.
Group and individual therapy, medication assisted treatment, and even special therapies like meditation or outdoor activities can all be offered in rehab.
Individuals with long-established or serious addictions, addictions to various substances, or with co-occurring medical and mental health issues frequently look for an inpatient rehabilitation centre for their treatment. It might also be a great resource for individuals who have completed previous rehabilitation attempts (either outpatient or inpatient) and have in the meantime relapsed.
Outpatient Addiction Rehabilitation
Patients are allowed to attend therapy, treatment sessions and other programs from their home in outpatient facilities. This lets people continue to have their normal home, work, or school life while working on their sobriety. These offices have a tendency to be a solid match for those with moderately less serious or shorter-term addictions, constrained time or obligations at work or home that can't be disregarded.
There may be differences in outpatient programs. Sometimes sessions will last all day but others might only last for an hour or two every day. Outpatient treatment is usually less expensive than inpatient care because there are fewer amenities and fewer hours to staff for direct care. Since patients can leave, patients don't need to pay for the day and night care. Most insurance plans will pay for some or all of the costs.
Contact us at 0800 246 1509 for further information on the different forms of treatments offered by these two types of addiction treatment. Our rehab placements representatives can answer your questions to help you figure out what rehab fits best with you and your needs.
Can I Lose My Job For Attending Addiction Rehab?
You might be worried that you will lose your job if you go to rehab, but you might be more likely to lose your job if you continue on with your addiction and don't get help. Your employer may already have a tip-off about your situation if you are suffering addiction to substances. By dodging addiction assistance, your battle may finally become clear as the effects of your drug abuse could cause your work performance to decrease.
Utilising substances while at work is legitimate reason for end, yet there are a few federal regulations securing your entitlement to acquire treatment. You have a right to treatment and cannot be fires as a consequence for seeking treatment.
How Do I Manage To Get Some Time Off Of Work To Go To Addiction Rehabilitation?
Several inpatient programmes demand that you take some time off at your work. But, there are things that can help you with this process. Some of these are
- Employee Assistance Programs An EAP is a non-compulsory programme through the company that employs you, which offers private evaluations, restricted counselling, and a referral to treatment free of charge to the employee.
- Family and Medical Leave Act Numerous bosses present to 12 weeks of leave under the Family and Medical Leave Act, which permits you to take unpaid time off without influencing your health care coverage, keeping in mind the end goal to look for treatment for a therapeutic condition that meddles with your capacity to finish work associated tasks Addiction forms part of this category, therefore you could benefit by understanding what your business provides.
- Leave With Pay Companies offer annual holidays, paid sick off days and you can take those together with any accumulated leave and personal time to go for residential treatment.
- Executive Rehab Centres In such an event that you have a lot of work obligations and are required to stay actively involved at your workplace, executive rehabilitation facilities may assist with maintaining a continuous involvement or presence at your work whilst receiving residential treatment in a luxurious environment that provides round-the-clock care.
- Outpatient Programmes For those who can't leave their work and those who are also in need of something cheaper than the executive rehab, they have the outpatient programs to enrol in. People battling with serious addiction or relapse issues, though, would be better cared for by residential treatment options that can provide more intensive round-the-clock care.
There are a lot of ways to get help despite job responsibilities and treatment will only benefit you, your job, your health, and your life in the long run.
What Is Luxury Treatment?
Luxury restoration offers much a greater number of civilities and luxurious surroundings than standard rehabilitation centres. To ensure the highest level of privacy for patients, these rehabs are situated in secluded locations. A luxury rehabilitation facility may provide holistic programmes, gourmet food prepared by expert chefs, adventure therapies, and advanced recovery therapies.
Luxury rehab is the common choice for high level executives, celebrities, or public figures because of the amenities and privacy and the likelihood that they will be surrounded by the peers, but anyone can go to one if they have the means to afford it.
How Can I Find An Addiction Rehab Program?
Figuring out which rehab is best for you can be an overwhelming process but there is help available to get you the answers you need. You can contact our rehab placement agents on 0800 246 1509 if you are confused about the appropriate rehab treatment for you or your relative.