What Is Holistic Therapy
Holistic therapies have become an important part of the battle to stay clean since they've encouraged many people to live healthier lives by changing their lifestyles.
Holistic therapies work together with the usual drug treatment methods and are non-medical approaches to recovery. The holistic therapy seeks to bring the whole being spirit, mind and body to function well together.
Nutrition, meditation and exercise are some of the methods utilized in rehabilitation centres that also provide holistic therapies.
The techniques of holistic medicine concentrate on the general person's health through traditional physical treatment of addiction is also present.
Some holistic therapies used are
- Chinese tai chi chuan
- Meditation with guide
- Massage therapy
- Spiritual therapy
- Routine exercise
- Proper nutrition
- The methods of art therapy
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Holistic Therapy For The Treatment Of Addictions
Holistic therapy focuses on an individual at a time and does not involve medical methods to help the patient. The general well being of a person will be boosted by holistic therapy.
Patients recovering from addiction may experience sleeplessness, poor nutrition and stressful feelings - all those aspects successfully overcome with the help of holistic therapy. The needs of the individual guide the plans for the holistic therapy that is used.
Holistic therapy aims to assist in
- Discovering the cause of the addiction
- Strengthening the resistance to cravings
- Improve the physical health of patient
- Boosting the self-esteem of the person
- Changing the person's perspective about the drugs
Kinds Of Holistic Methods In Addiction Treatment
Methods of holistic medicine address various spheres of well-being, from physical to spiritual.
Therapies that are commonly utilized include
- Nutritive Treatment
- Well-being is an essential condition of successful recovery of an addict.
- Good nutrition will provide the recovering drug user with a change that they'll be able to see.
- It is not too late to start taking a good nutrition.
- Use Of Exercises and Recreational Activities
- When exercises are done every day, they help harden to labour, decrease tension and make the body more powerful.
- In many centres that offer holistic therapy, exercise is an important part of the treatment.
- There are different exercises one can take depending on which ones fit them.
- Meditation Drills
- An uncluttered mind is essential to fight addiction.
- Mediation under professional supervision is offered in most treatment facilities.
- Some meditation practices offered include yoga and tai chi to aid in remaining focused and clearing the mind.
- Acupuncture And Massage Sessions
- Holistic treatment therapies often use methods of relieving stress and relaxing the body and massage is known to be a great stress reliever.
- Acupuncture is also used in restoring the body of a long-time addict.
The best holistic therapy plans are based on established approaches to addiction healing. Special medical control is necessary to supervise quitting manifestations after giving up alcohol and during use of CNS (central nervous system) debilitates.
Traditional methods added by holistic techniques include
- Medically supervised/assisted detoxification
- All-inclusive medical treatment
- Personalised mental health counselling
AA, NA and other 12 step group programs are usually available too to provide lasting support.
Finding Holistic Therapy Facilities For Addiction Treatment
Lots of drug rehab treatment facilities include holistic therapy in the treatment of their in and outpatients. The holistic medicine principle of reaching harmony among all parts of a person's life well suits various addiction therapies. Cognitive-behavioural therapy combines well with meditation and yoga sessions which can provide help for recovering addicts to manage stress levels. Relapses can be avoided by learning methods, which can help cope with emotional setbacks in a healthy manner.
Holistic therapy can be important in treating addiction no matter how severe as long as these therapies are paired with key conventional treatment methods. There are many treatment facilities all over the nation offering individualized treatment plans.
We can help you to find a treatment centre that offers what you need so give us a call today on 0800 246 1509.