Allowable Things To Bring Inside The Treatment Facility
Rehab treatment centres permit certain things and prohibit certain items; you should know the policy of your rehab treatment facility beforehand.
Treatment centres are enforcing stringent rules when it comes to contrabands and prohibited objects inside the facility. Majority of facilities give you a list of permitted and prohibited items.
Following your arrival at the treatment centre, you are required to check in and initiate the admission process. Your clinic's welcome staff will check your bags to guarantee safety and that nothing forbidden is sneaked through. It is a habit with some centres to prepare a catalogue of the items which you bring in order to ensure that you do not leave anything behind when you leave.
However, all treatment centres allow you to bring in the necessities that are required. The policies on the kind of items you can carry will vary according to the centres.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
How To Know What To Pack
Have a look at the "What to Bring" section of your clinic's website you don't know what is allowed and prohibited or queries about packing. Alternatively, you can also look for the frequently asked questions [FAQs] section if the page mentioned above does not exist. Many centres give their future patients a packing checklist which you can refer to. In case you are unable to find these information in print, you can always call your rehab centre for it. You will have all of your queries and doubts clarified. This will also be an opportune moment for you to inquire about anything that you were not sure with.
What Most Rehab Centres Recommend You To Carry
Set of regulations are severer than others depending on each clinic.
For the better part, you are recommended to carry the following
- Names, contact information, and addresses of people you want to be notified or involved in the process whenever required.
- Jewellery that means the most value to you just like an engagement or wedding ring.
- Other jewellery with no sentimental value should be left at home.
- A clock with an alarm but not one with radio.
- You will be provided these items in some facilities, so confirm about this before purchasing one.
- You can also carry any prescription medications which you are presently using provided that they are in their original pharmacy bottle, and the original information from the label is intact.
- All the medicines must be up to date and prescribed by a certified doctor.
- You are also allowed to carry a list of all your medications along with the dosages required.
- Ensure you are some cash with you in small denominations.
- Your check book, credit or debit card for therapy medication expenses.
- Bring along your insurance card as well as documents needed for personal identity verification.
- A calling card [if the facility chosen by you needs them for long-distance phone calls].
- A notebook or a journal.
- Envelopes and stamps.
- Pictures of your loved ones to be retained within your room or your wallet.
- Reading materials like books however, some centres provide them to you.
- Reading material you want to bring have to be about retrieval, self- help or spiritually focused.
- Tip It is better if you bring paperbacks than hardcovers because they are lighter.
What Clothes For The Centre
Be conscious of any limitations on the dress code while packing because most clinics have one. In case where you are not sure, consider to bring articles that you can use in layering in case of cold weather.
Bear in mind that the space within your room could be limited, and therefore, you are advised not to over pack.
Laundry spaces are accessible in a facility so you can plan your clothes packing based on that amenity. Clothes that are easily cleaned are the best to carry.
Ensure that you bring following clothes and items that will make your week comfortable
- Shoes Regular everyday shoes, sports shoes, and shower shoes.
- Shirts Ensure your shirts are in line with the dress code of your centre.
- Shorts They have to be long enough to comply with the clinic's dress code.
- Dressy outfits for special occasions like the family night will also be useful.
- A bathing suit a one piece for women and trunks for men.
- A Jacket/Coat.
- Bath robe.
- A belt.
- A hat Some centres do not allow wearing hats inside the premises.
Products Recommended For Personal Toiletries And Beauty
Majority of rehabs allow only alcohol-free hygiene and cosmetic products. Some may allow you to bring products, which do not have alcohol within the first three ingredients that are listed. No aerosols are allowed.
The beauty products you carry should be enough and they are
- Toothpaste and toothbrush
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Feminine hygiene products
- Shaving cream
Items Not To Take To Rehab
All rehabs have strict rules and do not allow certain prohibited items within the centres. The measures taken to ensure your safety and to create the best environment for your recovery. Most of the following item are not allowed in many rehabs
- Drugs and alcohol
- Narcotics and prohibited prescriptions
- Sharp objects and weapons
- Pornographic materials
- Food or drinks
- Alcohol based toiletries and personal effects
- E cigarettes
- Unapproved and previously opened medication (even if it is prescribed)
- Nail products
- Computer games
- Sporting apparatus
- Clothing that is not descent
- Peroxide agents
- Electronic products
- Games and playing cards
- Incense or candles
- Clothes with crude statements or photos of drug, violence, or alcohol on them
The items mentioned in this list could very well surprise you and lead you to believe that games like playing cards, video games, DVDs and sporting equipment are indeed safe. The recovery procedure usually requires maximum concentration and that is why some items are not allowed. They will provide screening schedules or any equivalent at their specified time.
You will also find that food from outside and drinks are banned because the centres maintain a moderate sugar and caffeine environment. You will be provided with three meals a day, snacks and beverages. You will have to inform the centre if you have any special dietary requirements or allergies.
Items Allowed In Some Rehabs But Not In Others
Because policies differ from centre to centre, it is possible to find that some items are allowed in one and not in another. While a number of things are prohibited across-the-board exceptions may be made by some facilities for the following.
- Smartphones and Laptops
- Access to these items will be restricted even if the rehab chosen by you allows these items.
- Just make sure that your chargers and power cords are brought with you.
- There are facilities that allow patients to bring cigarettes.
- A limit to cartons available at these centres is usually established.
- Vitamins and OTC Medications
- As long as they are new and never opened during admission.
- Gums too should be unopened and sealed during admission.
- Music Players
- You might be permitted to bring along entertainment devices that can work without speakers and internet.
- For patients who are photography enthusiasts, the are allowed with the privilege to bring their cameras with them.
- Shaving Equipments
- This though is largely not admitted in most centres.
- The rehab you check in might allow some type of shaving equipment.
- Nail Clippers
- Nail clippers may be banned by some centres, but this is not a common habit.
- Items To Make Your Room Feel Like Home
- You may have permission to bring your own bedding, pillows, and objects that help you feel relaxed.
- Just double check with your rehab centre if these are indeed allowed before stuffing them into your luggage.
Will I Retrieve Forbidden Items That I Accidently Take To The Clinic
It is possible that by mistake you pack something that is not allowed, but you should not worry in case this happens. The forbidden objects that you carried to the clinic will be given back to the person who took you there. Your objects are kept for 24 hours in other centres until someone collects them. It is possible that the centre might store the item till your release day.
If you are traveling from a distant location and are arriving by air it is likely that you will not have a loved one with you during the admission to take the prohibited items back. You need to be aware of all the rules and restriction in the facility before you come to check in. You would obviously want any prohibited items that you've brought along by mistake to be returned to you when you leave. In case they do not do temporary safe keeping, then inquire if they can facilitate shipment to someone you know.
Preparing Your Stuff For Rehab You are just required to follow the policies of the centres and ask plenty of questions if you are unsure about any items. The process becomes all the more simpler if you logon to the centre's website and save the packing checklist. The best thing is to make sure that you have essential stuff with you.
Get Assistance Today
There are a lot of facilities that permits you to personal items to decorate or personalize your space. Our treatment specialists can provide you the assistance needed to find a centre best suited to your requirements.
Contact your clinic by giving us a phone call now on 0800 246 1509.